Residential Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
We repair and install all makes and models.
When you’re ready for new heating equipment, we’ll help you make a decision on the best, most energy efficient replacement equipment for your house and your budget.
Heating bills across the country are the highest they have ever been, without any relief in sight. Even if your older furnace runs, from an economic standpoint it would be wise to replace it. With the proper furnace selection, your central air-conditioning bills can be lower too.
The smart time to examine and evaluate your furnace is before the unit fails, not when a problem arises and the mercury outside and even indoors is dipping down to sub-zero levels!
So how do you know when furnace replacement is in order? Since your furnace was probably in place when you moved in, the first thing to do is find out the age of your unit. This may be as simple as looking at the original owner’s manual or calling the manufacturer with the unit’s model number, but with individual cases, some additional sleuthing may be required.
Today’s models operate reliably for 20 to 30 years. If your unit is more than 15 years old, it’s not a bad idea to begin considering furnace replacement options.
Age aside, there are some obvious (and some more subtle) indications that it may be time for furnace replacement:
- If your furnace needs frequent repairs.
- If your energy bills are going up despite usage staying the same.
- If the rooms in your house are heating unevenly, with some rooms hotter or colder than others.
- If your furnace is cycling on and off more frequently than in the past.
- If your home is starting to have humidity problems.
- If your furnace becomes excessively noisy or develops rattles, buzzes, or hums.
- If your furnace starts putting out excessive dust, soot, dirt or rust particles.
- If you see visible signs of rust in and around your furnace, or if any of the components show cracks or corrosion.
Our techs are trained in furnace, boiler and water heater repair. If you have a problem, give Irvine HVAC Masters a call and we’ll be out to fix it. Our expert technicians will help you make an informed decision, one that’s best for you. They’ll give you options, and a clear estimate of expenses, before any work is started.